COMMANDMENTS FOR RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS
My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be very
2. Give me time to understand what you
want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is
crucial for my well being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and
don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your
entertainment. I have only you!
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't
understand your words, I understand your voice and when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me,
I'll never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, remember that I
have teeth that could crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite
8. Before you scold me for being lazy
or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm
not getting the right food, I've been in the sun too long, or my heart may be
getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You,
too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.
Back to top